Wednesday 14 March 2012

Arise Magazine Fashion week

I must say I'm very proud to be blogging about this, this is the First Arise Magazine fashion week, and it went down a storm, I can only hope Ghana Fashion Week will be on par or better I dare say. Arise Magazine hosted its first Fashion week in lagos Nigeria, with African designers across the continent including the likes of Ozwald boateng and Alek Wek.
Designer: Duaba Serwa

Theres something I find so endearing about this model, natural beauty hard to come by in this modern world we live in. I feel the selection of models and collection can really relate to the mass, impressive !









Designer: Bestow Elan

Another stunning model, keeping it real for the natural sisters. a vibrant collection, and i'm glad to see a break from the traditional use of cloth as the foundations of the collection.





Designer: Poisa

Time for the eccentric love love love it, it reminds of Annosh's collection eclectic and wild






 Designer: David David

This collection is a contemporary twist on the  african cloth, similar to the work of Peter Pilotto, I love the use of geometric shapes and colours.






Designer: Laquan Smith

Need I say anything at all about the collection and the way the models are working the outfits, the collection speaks for itself, dare I say it's my favourite collection from the show.





 I hope you guys enjoyed viewing this as I did writing it !

 Photography: Simon Armstrong
All images from Arise magazine 




No comments:

Post a Comment