Thursday 1 December 2011

London Underground

I donk know why but lately I have developed an obsession with London underground Architecture. All of a sudden I will be walking, then my eyes start wondering, then I think to myself this architecture is amazing, I need to blog about. Particularly since I get to travel a lot through out London. Unfortunately for me everytime I want to take pictures my phone battery is dead. However I have collected just a few of the many stations I'm in love from the old to the new. Its the art deco and attention to detail in some of the older stations that mezmorise me. Then theres the contemporary stations created by the god fathers of architecture, its just enough to give me an architecture high.

Westminster: Built in 1868 by Metropolitan District Railway




Elephant & Castle: Built in two stages, first stage was built in 1890, and the second stage was built in 1906 by Leslie Green



Bank: 1900, linked with monument station since 1933, also built by metropolitan District railway



Marble Arch: Built by Harry Bell Measures, 1932



Green Park: Built by the Local Authority in 1906






Southgate: Built by Charles Holden in 1933



St John's Wood: Built by Harold Stabler (platform design) in 1939




Canary Wharf: Built by Norman Foster, 1990



Southwark: Built by Richard MarComac of MJP Architects, 1999



North Greenwich: Built by Alsop in 1999



ALL IMAGES COPYRIGHT











No comments:

Post a Comment