Friday 2 September 2011

Kurt Geiger

I am surprised I haven't blogged about this already because Kurt Geiger is my favourite high street shoe brand, even as a student I would save all my money just to get one pair, I am not going to admit how many KG's I have because that would be admitting I have a shoe problem.

The first Kurt Geiger opened on Bond Street, London in 1963.

By 1985 Kurt geiger was acquired by The House Of Fraser group, which was later taken over by Harrods in 1994.

In 2001 a Kurt Geiger boutique was launched in London's South molton Street, which was shortly followed by openings in Leeds, Manchester, Heathrow T3, High street Kensington & Hampstead.

In 2006 the first international branch was opened in Paris coinciding with the flagship store in Regents Street, with the online store www.kurtgeiger.com also being launched.

The newest notch includes the landmark store in Dubai.

As a Kurt Geiger comrade, my favourite store to date must be the Covent Garden store by Found Associates.



I love this image it has a London feel about it


No comments:

Post a Comment